|Shower almost complete! The thick, low vertical lines on the back wall are where the supports for the bench will go.|
|Three shower heads. The tube hanging from the ceiling will be a rain shower head. The little white shower heads are temporary until we select the rain shower head. Obviously, we will need to pick lighting as well.|
- Don't tile straight lines. Walls are never plumb.
- Don't use small, individual tiles in a BIG shower.
- Don't grout a BIG SHOWER in one session, go in sections - Bryce spent 4 days blade-scraping too-quickly dried grout on 230 square feet of tile.
- If you have the luxury of building your shower from scratch, size the shower with a pre-fab pan in mind.
- If you must use the shower while it's in it's Red Guard phase, we suggest doing so after the house has heat.
|During shot. We painted RedGard over Wonderboard and it was bulletproof to use before we tiled.|
|During shot. My bathroom looked like this for about 9 months.|
|Picking patterns. Although I LOVE our sleek modern look of straight lines, it nearly killed Bryce tiling it.|
|We poured and shaped our own pan. Not recommended, but this is priceless.|